This week, nine years ago, Verity was (frantically) making the finishing touches in preparation for baa ram ewe's grand opening on the Otley Road in Headingley, Leeds. So much has changed in those 9 years, but many things have in fact stayed the same, most importantly the strong ethos and values of baa ram ewe which we have always been committed to. We thought it might be a nice way to celebrate our birthday by sharing those values through 9 reasons to support and buy from us here at BRE:
1. We are a truly independent business that makes decisions based solely on what is best for our customers and our business.
2. Although we are not formally a non-profit company, our profits go to keeping our team and our business surviving- from paying the rent and the bills to wages for our staff.
3. We have always been passionate about supporting the Yorkshire wool economy, from using local sheep breeds through to working with Yorkshire wool merchants, spinners and dyers.
4. We are part of keeping a local high street alive and thriving. Even if you buy from us online, you are keeping our bricks and mortar store open for business.
5. Buying from us means we can continue to support and develop our staff, many of whom have broadened their talents and experiences with us after beginning life on our shop floor.
6. We are committed to promoting wool- a sustainable, compostable natural fibre with minimal packaging, having as little impact to our environment as we can manage.
7. We are living proof that women can run, operate and shape a business, and we hope to inspire other women to start their own companies driven by strong values.
8. Our values and commitments do not mean we compromise on quality or style. You can trust that working with our products will be a enjoyable experience.
9. Making you, our customers, happy is always our priority. The service we give you, the experience you have, your views on our company- this is how we measure our success.
Thank you again for almost a decade of your custom. And don't miss next year's 10 year anniversary celebrations- they're going to be epic!
If you really, really
like us, then vote for us! We're thrilled to have been shortlisted in the British Knitting & Crochet Awards in the Best Brand for British Yarn category. Voting has now opened to decide on a winner with prizes to be won for those that take part in the poll. Just click here
to cast your vote, hopefully for us and for many other talented individuals and businesses in our industry.
Finally, huge congratulations to Sarah Bindon who was drawn out of the hat this morning to be our 9th Birthday competition winner! Sarah will get to pick nine hanks of baa ram ewe yarn of their choice to make what will no doubt be another marvellous creation!